Lead – Platform Engineering
Be part of a rapidly growing next-gen security software company Global clientele > 2500 corporations Competitive remuneration package and benefits Rich learning environment
Technical Leads at Ground Labs are emergent leaders who take ownership.
The Platform Engineering Team at Ground Labs is a brand new team whose twofold mission is both ensure the maintenance of the highest quality of our commercial product while at the same time improving the velocity of our engineering team. Deploying a cross-functional skill set of application development and systems engineering.
This team collaborates with our QA and product development teams to implement automated testing solutions as well as sophisticated CI pipelines. This is a great opportunity for a talented and versatile engineer to lead a new team that will have an immense impact on our business.
You will be responsible for:
- Initially, leading a 3-4 person cross-functional team of software engineers and DevOps engineers.
- Developing custom test harnesses and other software designed to test our core product.
- Using modern DevOps tools to automate the management of our test infrastructure.
- Evolving the CI/CD environment with the objective of improving the velocity of the entire engineering team.
- Creating and implementing metrics and instrumentation with the purpose of improving the quality of the Ground Labs product suite.
- Creating and managing test data sets.
- Developing a layered testing tool strategy addressing the various levels of system abstraction.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have most of the following:
- 5-7 years experience working on a software product team, test automation/tooling team, or DevOps team.
- Programming experience in a high-level programming language such as Python, C++, or Go.
- Experience with common functional testing toolkits such as Selenium, Cucumber, and XUnit.
- Experience creating and deploying Docker-based systems and Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps automation tools such as Ansible and Salt.
- Experience designing and implementing modern CI/CD Pipelines.
- Experience managing Terabyte-scale datasets.
- A passion for exploring new technologies.
• The interest and aptitude to always be thinking about software quality
Send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you think you would be a good fit for the role and we’ll be in touch!