Product Support Engineer
Ground Labs has an international team panning four countries that offers best-in-class technical support to our worldwide customer base. To keep up with demand we are seeking two additional Product Support Engineers to be based in our office in Austin, Texas.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for providing prompt and timely support service to clients of Ground Labs globally.
- Take ownership of escalated issues reported and see them through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, reproduce, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams according to set procedures.
- Participate in product testing and version release efforts with engineering team.
- Contribute to online knowledge base to encourage self-service.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have most of the following:
- Superb customer service abilities. You will be dealing with high-value clients and the ability to go above and beyond every time (and deal with challenging problems while maintaining a smile on your face) is essential.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- A positive work ethic, passion, tenacity and a can-do attitude.
- Perfect written and spoken English. Those who haven’t mastered the use of the apostrophe and punctuation are not a fit for this role. (Written and spoken Spanish would be a plus)
- Strong Windows skills. Linux and/or macOS skills are a plus, we’ll take people who are prepared to learn these on the job.
- Experience with some of the technologies Ground Labs’ products work with (Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, MSSQL, Sybase, Informix, Sharepoint, Gmail, Exchange Server, S3)
- Programming/scripting abilities are a plus.
There are a few requirements:
- Our support team operates Monday to Friday (no weekend work) but you will need to be available to start your 8.5 hour working day at any time between 8:00am and 11:00am Austin time, subject to business requirements.
- Due to the nature of our business, we operate on all public holidays (including but not limited to Christmas Day and Thanksgiving). These days are added to your annual leave entitlement and can be booked on a first come/first served basis, subject to minimum coverage requirements.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.