An out-of-the-box PCI DSS data discovery tool
Card Recon by Ground Labs is the cardholder data discovery tool of choice for more than 300 PCI Qualified Security Assessors (QSAs) and PCI Forensic Investigators (PFI). Accurate and powerful, Card Recon is trusted by over 4,500 merchants across 80 countries as their preferred credit card data discovery tool. Ground Labs has two industry-leading credit card scanning solutions that can fit the needs of your small to medium business: Card Recon Server and Card Recon Desktop.
Cardholder Data Discovery Made Simple
Search across multiple file types and locations
Card Recon searches files, memory and even deleted locations on workstations and file servers (Card Recon Server only) while inspecting hundreds of file types to accurately detect credit card numbers issued by the 10 major payment card providers.
Card Recon detects card numbers from all the major payment card providers. You can see the full list here.
- Use anywhere, anytime — Card Recon is a portable credit card data discovery tool that can run without installation on multiple supported platforms.
- Detect all major credit card brands — Custom-built to meet PCI compliance, Card Recon’s out-of-the-box cardholder data detection capabilities scan for credit card numbers from the 10 major card brands and can identify 160+ combinations of primary account number (PAN) structures used around the world.
- Search all format types — Both Card Recon Server and Card Recon Desktop are highly effective at finding credit card information. Unlike many freeware products, Card Recon will report unsecured credit card information stored in a large number of different storage formats, including office documents, email clients and even zip files containing multiple layers.
- Prove compliance — Card Recon generates reports that prove PCI compliance. Reports can be created in a variety of common formats to streamline evidence submission to PCI QSA.
- Go beyond identifying — Remediate with comprehensive options — encrypt, mask, secure delete, quarantine — to quickly secure and eliminate all exposed sensitive data and achieve a true zero trust security posture.
|Features||Card Recon Desktop||Card Recon Server|
|Target Types||Local Storage|
|File Types||Text Files|
Go Beyond PCI Data Discovery and Credit Card Scanning
Need to scan your company’s emails, documents, databases and other sources of structured and unstructured data? Learn more about Enterprise Recon.