Senior Software Development Engineer
We are seeking a results-driven Senior Software Development Engineer to join our high-performing Engineering team at Ground Labs. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will join a motivated and multi-talented team of engineers to build powerful products and solve awesome real world problems. This position will be based in our Singapore headquarters and will report into our Engineering Manager.
We are looking for a “hands on” individual who can quickly roll up their sleeves and make things happen. We work on different products & technologies, and the ideal candidate is someone who is a self-starter and is willing and able to learn things on the job fast and well.
At Ground Labs we are a people company - we are proud of what we do and have fun doing it! If you have what it takes to be a contributing member of the team then come be a part of our continued success story and help shape our future.
You will be responsible for:
- Researching new technologies and prototyping solutions
- Preparing or improving software design and architecture
- Managing software availability, latency, scalability and efficiency
- Developing new product functionality and fixing software bugs
- Working with Customer Support and customers to troubleshoot and address issues
- Mentoring other engineers and reviewing their code
- Participating in all phases of software development (specification, design, development, documentation, unit testing)
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience in modern C++ development
- Excellent English written/oral communication skills
- Experience in developing scalable, multi-threaded, low latency components with minimum memory footprint
- Good understanding of: software security; Windows and Linux or Unix systems; databases; computer networks; cloud storage and computing
- Ability to work efficiently with the existing code base
- Ability to take a problem and solve it with minimal supervision