Enterprise Recon 2.6.1
This section covers the following topics:
- Get Rackspace API key
- Set Rackspace Cloud Files as a Target Location
- Edit Rackspace Cloud Storage Path
Support for Rackspace services is currently available for Cloud File Storage only.
To set up a Rackspace Cloud File Storage Target:
To scan specific cloud server regions and folders, see Edit Rackspace Cloud Storage Path.
For Sitewide Licenses, all scanned Rackspace Cloud Targets consume data from the Sitewide License data allowance limit.
For Non-Sitewide Licenses, Rackspace Cloud Targets require Server & DB Licenses, and consume data from the Server & DB License data allowance limit.
See Target Licenses for more information.
|TCP Allowed Connections||Port 443|
Get Rackspace API key
- Log into your Rackspace account.
- Click on your Username, and then click Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings page, go to API Key and click Show.
- Write down your Rackspace account API Key.
Set Rackspace Cloud Files as a Target Location
- Get Rackspace API key.
- From the New Scan page, Add Targets.
- In the Select Target Type dialog box, select Rackspace Cloud Files.
In the Rackspace Cloud Files section, fill in the following fields:
Field Description Rackspace Account Name Enter a descriptive label for the Rackspace Cloud Target. New Credential Label Enter a descriptive label for the credential set. New Username Enter your Rackspace account user name. New Password Enter your Rackspace account API Key. See Get Rackspace API key. Agent to act as proxy host Select a Proxy Agent host with direct Internet access. Encrypt the Connection via SSL Select this option to encrypt the connection with SSL.Recommended Least Privilege User Approach
To reduce the risk of data loss or privileged account abuse, the Target credentials provided for the intended Target should only be granted read-only access to the exact resources and data that require scanning. Never grant full user access privileges or unrestricted data access to any application if it is not required.
- Click Test. If ER2 can connect to the Target, the button changes to a Commit button.
- Click Commit to add the Target.
Edit Rackspace Cloud Storage Path
- Set Rackspace Cloud Files as a Target Location.
- In the Select Locations section, select your Rackspace Cloud Files Target location and click Edit.
In the Edit Rackspace Storage Location dialog box, enter the Path to scan. Use the following syntax:
Path Syntax Specific cloud server region <cloud-server-region> Specific folder <cloud-server-region/folder>
- Click Test and then Commit to save the path to the Target location.