Card Recon 3.0.1
About Card Recon
Card Recon is a data discovery tool that scans storage media and systems that may hold cardholder data. Built on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS ®), Card Recon can search documents, local database files, local email files, etc. in your systems to find more than 160 combinations of Personal Account Number (PAN) structures used in 10 major card brands across more than 200 countries.
Accurate and powerful, Card Recon is the PCI compliance tool of choice for more than 300 Qualified Security Accessors (QSAs), and trusted by over 2,500 merchants across 80 countries. Support for more than 7+ operating systems means that Card Recon can cover the majority of common system types used by organizations.
Who is Card Recon Suitable For
Card Recon is ideal for security consultants and small businesses with a requirement to scan up to 5 systems. Card Recon Desktop is designed for scanning the contents of workstations, while Card Recon Server is designed for sample-based scanning of file servers.
For environments with 5 or more systems with a requirement to scan workstations, servers, database systems, emails, or cloud storage platforms, it is recommended that our Enterprise Recon solution be used due to its centralized design, support for a variety of platforms, ability to automate scanning, and capability to consolidate reporting data from multiple scans.
- Advanced support, articles, knowledge base: https://support.groundlabs.com
- Card Recon product page: https://www.groundlabs.com/card-recon/
- Ground Labs home page: https://www.groundlabs.com
- Card Recon End User License Agreement:
- Built for PCI Compliance: Out-of-the-box cardholder data detection for 10 major card brands that can find 160+ combinations of PAN structures used across more than 200 countries.
- Accurate and Powerful: Our data discovery algorithms are extensively tested to produce fast and accurate search results. False positives are managed by a built-in detection algorithm that filters test results to keep your scans effective.
- Search almost Anything: This software searches a wide range of file types in offline locations for workstations and file servers .
- PCI Compliance Reporting: Generate comprehensive and easy-to-read compliance reports that are detailed and actionable. Reports can be saved to various formats (e.g. PDF, HTML, CSV etc.), making them highly portable.
- Powerful Remediation: When found, data security risks can be securely removed, quarantined, or masked by our powerful remediation tools without leaving the software.
- 7 Platforms with No Installation Required : Card Recon can run, without installation, on any of the 7 supported platforms. It also can run from portable storage media.
- Low CPU Usage: Designed to minimize impact on users or production applications so that you can keep your systems secure without having to schedule downtime.
 : See System Requirements for more information on the platforms that are supported for Card Recon Desktop and Card Recon Server.
It is important that you read and understand this document, which has been prepared for your gainful and reasonable use of Card Recon Desktop and Card Recon Server. Use of both Card Recon editions and these documents reasonably indicate that you have agreed to the terms outlined in this section.
Reasonable care has been taken to make sure that the information provided in this document is accurate and up-to-date; in no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages, or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort, or otherwise, arising from, out of, or in connection with these documents. If you have any questions about this documentation please contact our support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples used are meant to be illustrative; users’ experience with the software may vary.
No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the express written permission of the authors or the copyright holders.
THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE DETERMINED TO BE ILLEGAL.