Enterprise Recon 2.3.1
ER2 has two main components:
- The Master Server
- Node Agents, installed on Target or Proxy hosts.
Both must be installed before you can start scanning Target hosts. For more information on these components, see About Enterprise Recon 2.2.
To start using ER2:
- Install the Master Server.
- Activate ER2 through the Web Console.
- Configure Security Features.
- Install Node Agents.
- Add Targets.
Configure Security Features
- Enable HTTPS to secure connections to the Web Console. See Enable HTTPS.
- Enforce login policies and two-factor authentication (2FA) to strengthen user authentication. See Login Policy and Two-factor Authentication.
- Setup Access Control Lists (ACLs) to filter traffic and limit access to ER2 from specific IP addresses. See Access Control List.
- Manage user privileges and roles to grant users access to specific ER2 resources according to their roles and responsibilities. See User Permissions and User Roles.
Master Server and Agent Maintenance
- Install the Ground Labs GPG key to verify Node Agent RPM packages. See GPG Keys (RPM Packages).
- Update the Master Server and Agents to receive the latest security updates, bug fixes, and features. See Update ER2 and Agent Upgrade.