Enterprise Recon 2.1
To continue scanning Dropbox Business and Dropbox Personal Targets without interruption,
This section covers the following topics:
- Supported Dropbox Business Configuration
- Set Up Dropbox as a Target location
- Edit Dropbox Target Path
- Re-authenticate Dropbox Credentials
The instructions here work for setting up the following Dropbox products as Targets:
- NEW Dropbox Business
- Dropbox Personal
Supported Dropbox Business Configuration
The Dropbox Business Target in ER2 only supports the team folder configuration with Team Spaces.
Log into the Admin Console with your Dropbox Business team admin's account to determine the team folder Configuration for your Dropbox Business account.
For Sitewide Licenses, all scanned Dropbox Business and Dropbox Personal Targets consume data from the Sitewide License data allowance limit.
See Target Licenses for more information.
|TCP Allowed Connections||Port 443|
Set Up Dropbox as a Target location
- From the New Scan page, Add Targets.
- In the Select Target Type dialog box, click on Dropbox and select one of the following Dropbox products:
- Dropbox Business
- Dropbox Personal
- In the Dropbox Details section, fill in the following fields:
Field Description Dropbox Admin Email / Dropbox Domain Enter your Team Admin email address for Dropbox Business or your Dropbox email address for Dropbox Personal. Dropbox Business Account Authorization / Dropbox Account Authorization Obtain the Dropbox access code:
- In Dropbox Details, click on Dropbox Business Account Authorization / Dropbox Account Authorization. This opens the Account Authorization page in a new browser tab.
- In the Dropbox Business Account Authorization / Dropbox Account Authorization page:
- Enter the Team Admin's user name and password for Dropbox Business or your user name and password for Dropbox Personal. Click Sign in.
- Click Allow.
Dropbox Business NEW
ER2 only uses content-download API requests to scan Dropbox Business Targets and does not consume any upload API quota. For more information, please consult your Dropbox Business team administrator.
- Copy the Access Code.
Access Code Enter the Access Code obtained during Dropbox Business Account Authorization / Dropbox Account Authorization. Agent to act as proxy host Select a Proxy Agent host with direct Internet access.Recommended Least Privilege User Approach
To reduce the risk of data loss or privileged account abuse, the Target credentials provided for the intended Target should only be granted read-only access to the exact resources and data that require scanning. Never grant full user access privileges or unrestricted data access to any application if it is not required.
- Click Test. If ER2 can connect to the Target, the button changes to a Commit button.
- Click Commit to add the Target.
Edit Dropbox Target Path
To scan a specific path in Dropbox Business or Dropbox Personal:
- Set Up Dropbox as a Target location.
- In the Select Locations section, select your Dropbox Business or Dropbox Personal Target location and click Edit.
In the Edit Dropbox Business / Edit Dropbox Personal dialog box, enter the path to scan. Use the following syntax:
Path Syntax Specific folder <folder_name> Specific file <[folder_name/]file_name.txt>
Click on Dropbox Business Account Authorization / Dropbox Account Authorization and follow the on-screen instructions. Enter the Access Code obtained into the Access Code field.Each additional location requires you to generate a new Access Code for use with ER2.
- Click Test and then Commit to save the path to the Target location.
Re-authenticate Dropbox Credentials
- Log into the ER2 Web Console.
- Go to Settings > Target Credentials.
- Hover over the Dropbox Business or Dropbox Personal Target credential set and click Edit.
- Click on Dropbox Business Account Authorization (opens in a new tab) / Dropbox Personal Account Authorization (opens in a new tab) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the Access Code obtained into the Access Code field in the credential editor.
- Click Save.